Fall For Au Natural
Seasonal hair and makeup update
Summer cooling into fall brings transition in our hair and makeup routines. No need for a bathroom cabinet overhaul or salon makeover. Adding in a few key items to your hair and beauty routine can take you into fall richness.
Having a great skin care routine is key for fall’s best trend: bare skin.
- Applying sunscreen daily will help keep your face protected from the damaging sunrays that can cause fine lines, sun spots, and skin cancer. Try: La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid ($33.50)
- Always remove makeup every night to allow your skin time to breathe. Do a little eye treatment, and don’t skip the moisturizer either. Try: Dr. Andrew Weil for Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Micellar Cleanser ($31) and Dermalogica Age Super Rich Repair moisturizer.
- Once a week, spend a few minutes treating yourself to a hydrating mask and some cucumber water for a quick spa-like escape at home. Try this Korean skin-sation for long-term results: Hanacure Multi-Action Treatment Mask ($29)
Fall hair color is full of rich hues and tone-on-tone color.
- If you are currently natural: Play up your hair’s base color by having your colorist add in a few Balayage highlights and glossing with hues one shade or two away from your natural base.
- If you are currently highlighted: Have your colorist pull through warm lowlights and gloss your highlights to a darker shade of blonde or strawberry.
- Not ready for full-on color? Try having your colorist add some richness to your current natural tone by glossing with shades of copper, butterrum, maple, garnet, and amber. Wyatt’s rich brunette locks are a great example.
This season’s makeup is celebratory with glimmer.
- Go without the liner for a just-smooched pout next time you apply those coppery, beet, or vampy tones. Wyatt is wearing: Dose of Colors Lip It Up satin lipstick in Toast ($17)
- Try mixing a creme or liquid bronzer into your foundation or BB cream for a soft fall glow. Try: Cover FX Custom Enhancer Drops ($42)
- Neutral tones on the eyes can be enhanced with metallic shadows along the tight line. This brings a hint of shimmer to draw in focus on your eyes. Wyatt is wearing: Ofra Cosmetics eyeshadow/highlighter in Bliss ($12)
MODEL: Wyatt Beard @wyatteliza
HAIR: Brandy Alexander (Groove Jet Salon + Spa)
MAKEUP: Brittani Antoinette
To view more of Melissa Hebert's work, visit www.melissahebert.com.